NM Unit 16 - Gila Plan

Big_Kumar

This is my first season as a NM resident and I was lucky enough to draw a deer tag in Unit 16 with a muzzleloader. Fortunately, some of the people I work with have spent a little time in that area over the years, but I was hoping to run my plan by somebody that is a little more familiar with it.

I am not asking for honey holes or secret spots. I am in the process of building my Plan A, B, and C and just want to run it by somebody to make sure I am not wasting my time. Right now I am trying to schedule my time off to make at least one scouting trip (hopefully I can squeeze in a couple trips) and I would like to focus them as much as possible.

Is there anybody that is familiar with the area that I can PM and is willing to give me some feedback? Or anybody with some general tips or tricks for the area?

Any information is appreciated.

This is my first season as a NM resident and I was lucky enough to draw a deer tag in Unit 16 with a muzzleloader. Fortunately, some of the people I work with have spent a little time in that area over the years, but I was hoping to run my plan by somebody that is a little more familiar with it.

I am not asking for honey holes or secret spots. I am in the process of building my Plan A, B, and C and just want to run it by somebody to make sure I am not wasting my time. Right now I am trying to schedule my time off to make at least one scouting trip (hopefully I can squeeze in a couple trips) and I would like to focus them as much as possible.

Is there anybody that is familiar with the area that I can PM and is willing to give me some feedback? Or anybody with some general tips or tricks for the area?

Any information is appreciated.
I have hunted Old Horse Springs and south of there, but that was a few years ago. The terrain was not too rough if you are going to be on foot. Look for a water source and check for tracks and if you can find anyone out working the fence line pick their ear. It's not uncommon to find a place that Deer prefer to crossover.

Ace