nikon 6x18 side focus buckmaster any good ?

dgr416

I always used Nikon monarchs because of the guns I used always busted any less of a scope .I looked at this scope today pretty decent .I want to try in on my 338-378 Weatherby accumark which does not kick with the brake on using 250 gr bullets or less .I think the 300 grain bullets would bust in a heart beat .

I ran one of these on a 223WSSM AND a 338 Edge.
Killed deer to 800 using the post at the bottom. Probably shot 4-500 rds w no issues.

416, bought my son one in 2004 which he put on a 300Wby. After a couple years it went on his .270Win. and now is on his son's .243 and still tracks very well. Don't know if they are still offered now.

I found a used one for $180 should be decent deal .This is the first one I have seen in person .I blew the glass aloose on a 3x9 Nikon buckmaster on my 338 ruger 77.I have a buckMaster 4x12 on my 260 Remington.Yep Nikon quit making the 6x18 side focus .I thought it might be a decent scope .I guess I will try it with up to 250 grain bullets in my 338-378 and see how good it is !

Yeah I finally got that 6x18 Nikon.side focus scope .Its like new has the box and I didn't know it had two sets of scope turrets and the sun shade .It also had a awesome set of rings on it .There was a guy that traded it on a vortex scope .I cant wait to shoot my 338-378 Weatherby again its been five years scene I shot it .I changed the turrets to the fatter ones with no covers .Now I have to learn the number of clicks for my rifle .I will try lighter bullets first 215 grain serria then 250 serria then finally the 300 grain lapua to see if it holds up .This was a bargin got it even cheaper !

416, those turrets are resettable, once you find your zero. If the 3X9 is toast send it back to Nikon for free repair. Good luck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.