• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Nightforce ATACR ***SOLD***

elkoholic72

Never mounted. Comes with everything as new. Bought 3, decided to go with something much lighter for my latest titanium/carbon fiber build.
$1975 shipped.

Attachments

• 20160425_230127.jpg
    20160425_230127.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160425_230159.jpg
    20160425_230159.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 8
Re: Nightforce ATACR Enhanced 5-25x56 Moar T C555

Elkoholic 72,
Just curious, do you know what scope you plan on putting on your new build? I would like to go with the NF but I'm concerned about the weight for my elk hunting.
Thanks
Larry

Larry,

I am going to a very short 3-18 with some new technology in it. I can talk about it more after it's debut at NRA in May.

Ben

I look forward to the "Rest of the Story"
Thanks,
Larry

Larry,

I am going to a very short 3-18 with some new technology in it. I can talk about it more after it's debut at NRA in May.

Ben

Ben,

Any word on this new scope??? I am very intrigued....

Yes. It is a new generation Tango 6, just not the one that we brought out at NRA. Mine is a much shorter and lighter version with the level plex and devl reticle. Different magnification also than the 5-30.
Muleystalker, I have several 4-16 atacr and definitely good scopes, just weigh too much for what I was trying to accomplish. That scope would be better served with a 30mm tube if I were designing it.

The level plex is a huge step up in extreme long range accuracy when compared to bubble levels in many ways. Most bubble levels I have tested have a window of accuracy of 4-6 degrees. The bubble also moves different in extreme temperature changes... Basically the colder it is the slower it moves requiring more cant to get it to change position in the liquid filled tube.
The level plex has an accuracy as small as we want to make it. I'm pretty sure models shipped will be 1 degree window, with half degree on each side. The best part is that the reticle is aligned at the factory to the turrets under .25 degree of accuracy. Then you have a level plex that is .5 degrees on each side of the reticle. We have removed the issues created of trueing your reticle to the level greatly reducing the tolerance stack up that happens when mounting a scope with a bubble level. Also, you see the lighted indicators with your peripheral vision without removing your eye from your aiming point. No more looking away at the level mounted on top, side, under, or wherever you have mounted the bubble level.