Newcon rangefinder

Hi Dave,

Yes I have a NEwcon 2000 Pro with speed detector, for almost 6 mo, and all I have to say is for 500 dollars is a very great unit, ranging regullary at 1500-1800 yards on any condition.
If you do a research on newco 2000 you will find my detailed review (comp between Leica Geovid and Newcon 2000), and you will find than this newcon past in manny situation on ranging the Leica Geovid.
The furthest ranging with this one was on a junkyard at 2800yards. Every time I tried, I could range that junkyard.
All my reading was offhand, no bipod, tripod, etc., and the only trick used was HOLD THE RANGING BUTTON FOR 2-3 SECONDS AND MOVE SLOWLY THE NEWCON LEFT-RIGHT TO CATCH THE BEST REFLECTING OBJECT.
IT Works every time.

Hope this one helps.
Chris

How about battery life? I read that you have to use a rechargable battery. Also do you know any info about the warranty? I cant find it on their website. Thanks for all the info so far, I'm 90% convinced I'll buy a pair. Anyone want to buy a Leica 900?--JM.

Hi Helidriver

this is the link directly to their website for extended warranty.
https://www.securewebexchange.com/newcon-optik.com/laser_warrantycard.html
you get 1 year factory warranty but you can buy extended for another 2 years for less then $35.00.
So with 35.00 you get 3 years warranty.

It is up to you.

The rangefinder comes with a rechargable battery 9,5V(200mha) and a rechargable unit.
You will need a spare battery, because the lazer been is verry strong and used lots lots of voltage and your battery will NOT LAST FOR LONG. (on normal hunting situation you can go 3-4 days with one battery) or 3-4 continuing hours of lazering.
In the first day when I got the unit I was ranging everything and the normal 9.5V (150mha)last about 4 hour.
If you read the user guide the unit will STOP RANGING IF THE BATTERY IS BELLOW 7.0 V.
so you actually use just 2.5V and then the battery is garbage.

I know in this site are another 2 guys who got newcon 2000pro and another guy with a combo unit bino and lazer 3500.
It will be better if you can contact them and read their review also befor buying this unit.

Just to don't regret...
My self I bot this unit from Adorama (www.adorama.com) and I got the unit in 2DAYS.
VERY FAST (the company is in states and I leave in Canada).

Here is my initial review
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...rt=all&vc=1

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.