I own some acreage in West Texas, wher desert Mule Deer and Cats are plentiful. However my longest shot was a 10 Point White Tail at 350 yards with 7 mm mag. All my Mule Deer have been taken at less than 200 yards, but I am hopefull. My fater took a 6 point (Westeren Count) at 450 yards with a 30-08. I am trying for a 5-6 point (Western Count) at 400 yards with a Remington Model 7 in 260 Caiber. I am fully diabled Veterean attempting to byuild my ideal light weight rifle with a limited budget with akk the hekp I can get. I shot preety good when I was in the US Army (Pistol) in 45 Caliber, I left active service in 1988, was able to finish my 20 years in the US Army Reserve throuth corresespondance, I had 17 years as ab officer and they could not but me out and didnot want to retire me. I went the VA route for disability rating retirement.

I miss hunting and shooting, my wife is not into it, but allows me to continue as long as I keep within the Doctor's orders, under 10 lbs. Anyone out there willing th sell a light weight Leupold VX-2 2x7 Scope? They are only 9 ozs. and can really help in my rifle weight limitation.

GOD BLESS to all, and the piece of Christ to all long range shooters.

Ewspectfully,

Dennis Majors

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.