Newbie, in experience - not age, from Upstate SC

cursc0tt

I am Robbie and have been visiting this site for the past few months. I mostly hunt Whitetail and small game here in northern South Carolina. For the past several years I have been thinking about doing a trip/trips out west for some Elk and Mule deer. But after reading on this site, my interest has been piqued regarding Pronghorn. I am also just getting started into reloading, which come to find out, I have picked the absolute worst time in human history to do this. In the reading I have done thus far, I have come across a lot of helpful tips and am looking forward to learning from the experiences of some of the seasoned, and not so seasoned, folks that come here to commiserate.

Look forward to interacting with each of you.

Welcome to the forum! You're right in the getting started in reloading. Maybe you can use the time to figure out what type of equipment you'd like to use.

I might give Pronghorn another try. A friend of mine has had good experiences with the hunt and the meat. They're not a very big critter but they sure are fast.

Welcome from North Carolina. If you are interested in trophy "goats" then New Mexico is the best. Let me know if you are interested and I can refer you to an excellent outfitter.

These two are me and a buddy taken last august.
15D5062E-A4FD-4F70-844A-4119EA9B1CA3.jpeg80B6C50D-A040-4EA0-B338-76422544AC83.jpeg

Welcome from North Carolina. If you are interested in trophy "goats" then New Mexico is the best. Let me know if you are interested and I can refer you to an excellent outfitter.

These two are me and a buddy taken last august.
View attachment 253099View attachment 253100
Rick,

Those are some nice looking goats you have there. At his point in time, just about any goat would be fine by me. I would appreciate any recommendations you have regarding outfitters.

Rick,

Those are some nice looking goats you have there. At his point in time, just about any goat would be fine by me. I would appreciate any recommendations you have regarding outfitters.
Arizona Pro Elk Hunts owned by Keith Williams 928 242 0105. Look him up on the web or Facebook.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.