Newbie from Louisiana

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by LaCatahoula, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LaCatahoula

LaCatahoula New Member

Hey folks my screen name is LaCatahoula I am currently 36 years old an I am new to long range shooting. Being from Louisiana "long range" is relative. In my home state under regular hunting conditions I seldom shoot over 100 yards. I am BLESSED that I have relatives with a ranch in Texas where I get to hunt and shots are much longer. I have taken deer out to 320 yards with my current set up which is a remington 700 .30-06 with a Nikon 3.5-10 x 50 monarch. I really have no complaints but I'm looking into setting up a 700 lss 300 RUM and a 700 sps tactical .308 for longer range shooting (500-600) yards.

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

I have nothing but good to say about Louisiana!

Lived in St. Charles parish for 7 years before returning to Idaho in '87.

If you get a hankering' to come to the northwest to shoot long at something with antlers gimme a holler.

It'll cost you nothing but fuel, license and tag. Oh, ya gotta bring me a catahoula.

A male double glass eye'd one.

Can only guarantee a shot at a rock for certain. But surely will see a muley, elk and not so certainly a wolf.

You'll like it around here. A great bunch for folks!!

3. LaCatahoula

LaCatahoula New Member

Thanks Roy you never know I just might take you up on that offer someday. If I come I'll bring you a cat. Hard to say on a double glass as the eyes tend to change from pup to adult but well see when the time comes!

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Well-Known Member

Okey Dokey.

When I came back from there I brought a couple. There for awhile I flooded ID with Leopard dogs. :)

Used them for herding cattle, treeing stuff, coyotes and more.

Just wanted to let you know that your are welcome around here.