Newbie from Arkansas

Trevor Smith

Hello my name is Trevor, I've shot competition shooting for a long time now, and just now getting started into the long range shooting. It has always been a fascination of mine to shoot that 1000 yd target, but I do not have the ability to do so yet. I can effectively shoot 500 yd targets at 1in to 1/2in 3 shot groups but thats about it. I mainly shoot archery and am the Arkansas 2007 champion and I compete in various trap and skeet shooting competitions all over the state. I'm 18 now and looking into buying my first long range rifle after I learn more about the long range shooting, seeing that I will be going to Colorado for a Mule Deer and Elk hunt. I am really excited about going but I will postpone my trip until i can effectively shoot tight groups at at least 800 yd and in. I have been reading on this site for some time now and just now starting on becoming a member and I hope to get into reloading and some other various gun smithing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.