Newbe from PA

cjmousseau

I am a tactical nut i have a mossberg 500 persuder and a just bought a rem 700sps in a 308 BBL rifle and i threw on a 10X40X50mm Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black with a harris bipod and a uncle mikes Neoprene Buttstock Shell Holders and a tactical sling i put about $1,000 in everything so i was wondering if i should throw on a .308 VORTEX FLASH HIDER threw brownells and what ammo should i use. i am a huge knife collector and i am a life member or the NRA gun)

Hi cjmousseau,

Welcome to LRH. Not much use for a flash hider unless your doing some night shoting and don't want to give away your position. (the varmints or deer don't pay no mind to the flash or the noise when they're falling to the ground from 800 yards away):D Hand loads will be you best bet for accuracy. You should hook up with jmason near you. He loves to shoot and I don't think he has anyone close by to shoot with, plus he's a great guy to talk to.

Kevin i like your sight the reson why i want to use the 308 vortex flash hider is for long range shooting and i would have a better line of sight seeing down range when i shoot and it is a tactical rifle. i was going to shoot 168 to 175 grain 308

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts