New to the forum

LongRangeHuntingGuy50

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, not the concept.

I have not hunted at long ranges. It has always been an interest but life and other expenses get in the way. We get to plink steel plates at long range every now and again. Maybe it'll be a Wyoming elk some day.

Looking forward to learning more and planning a trip someday.

Thanks

Welcome , I am also a new member and I have to give the guys credit on this site. It has the best bunch of guys I have ever been a part of on any site. Knowledge for the beginner to the well accomplished is available . I've been shooting for over forty years and I'm like a kid in a candy store with all the articles and threads . You will be able to get instant feedback on your questions and I suggest you just read because there is a wealth of information on this site.
Ps...... just don't say anything negative about the 6.5 Creedmoor, they will find you! Lol

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, most of the members are helpful. I remember when I was coming up to speed on rifles and precision reloading. I did a lot of reading on this site and contributed in the pistol section since that's what I knew best at the time.

As for the 6.5 Creedmoor - I think the problem is when someone wants to take a Moose at 1100 yds with one. The 6.5 CM is excellent for certain applications.

Hello all Long Range Hunting members,Names Shawn live in Central WA. been a hunter my whole life.Just found this forum because i'm now retired and bored during the off season and it doesn't hurt to meet new hunters and learn new ways.I'm also a trapper been trapping for about 10 years now.Love to shoot long range.PS. I do need to learn how to use this forum too.

Hello all Long Range Hunting members,Names Shawn live in Central WA. been a hunter my whole life.Just found this forum because i'm now retired and bored during the off season and it doesn't hurt to meet new hunters and learn new ways.I'm also a trapper been trapping for about 10 years now.Love to shoot long range.PS. I do need to learn how to use this forum too.
Welcome from a new member as well, it's been a great site for me with a lot of good information. Many on here are very knowledgeable !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.