• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

New Titanium Actions

rpierce

Official LRH Sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/Pierce-Eng...N4ppU29Demf7HKnvwQUDlIrPZF7-ciSrQ&__tn__=kK-R
Just got some new actions in from Pierce Engineering. These are the best titanium actions Ive had in my shop to date. Right out of the box it came with Zero cock on close and .260 firing pin travel for a Bixn Andy Dakota trigger. $250 value right there. Way better ignition characteristics than the popular titanium actions people use. Ive had issues with legitimetly 80% of the titanium actions Ive gotten in from another company. Insufficient firing pin travel, protrusion and horrible cock on close. Sometimes the bolt wouldnt even close on triggertech and bixn andy triggers.

I had these actions made essentially the same as the kelbly atlas actions I have. They have the same ejection port, bolt stop etc so they drop right into the stocks I have. They also have the same tenon dimensions so I can use the same programs in my cnc that I have for Kelbly actions.

23 oz with a 20 moa rail.
21 oz without the rail.

$1600 comes with DLC, 20 moa rail, and timed to the trigger.

http://www.piercisionrifles.com/pierce-engineering.../

Attachments

• titanium action pic 1.jpg
    titanium action pic 1.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 352
  • titanium action pic 2.jpg
    titanium action pic 2.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 323
  • action in stock.jpg
    action in stock.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 278
  • titanium action pic 3.jpg
    titanium action pic 3.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 371
Not to hijack your thread but you are correct. I have two Tu*b** TI actions one in short, one in long action. Both of them does light firing pin strikes. Probably close to 15 rounds of factory ammo that has not fired. I sent them back and they did come back correct, but it is something you need to look out for. Never had that issue until I had a TI action.

Insufficient ignition characteristics are very common in actions these days and the vast majority of rifle builders are unaware of it and also on how to fix it properly. Ive seen rifles built by some very big names that had ignitions unmodified and were insufficient because of that. insufficient firing pin travel, protrusion etc.

Insufficient ignition characteristics are very common in actions these days and the vast majority of rifle builders are unaware of it and also on how to fix it properly. Ive seen rifles built by some very big names that had ignitions unmodified and were insufficient because of that. insufficient firing pin travel, protrusion etc.
It's really interesting that you mentioned that. I read about how rem developed to 700 action back in the day, and all of what you said was mentioned. Haha

Recent Posts