New Scope Adjustment Question (S&B PMII)

JW74

I recently picked up a Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-20x50. Great scope so far! I have the scope sighted in at 100 yards and zeroed the turret. This is on a 25 MOA base. My question is how do I know how much up elevation adjustment (internal travel) do I have after zeroing the rifle as the elevation turret still adjusts all the way up to the max of 26 Mils? I am doubtful that I lucked out and the scope actually zeroed at it's mechanical bottom.

For example, on my Vortex Viper PST, after I zero at 100 yards I put in the shims, set the turret to zero and have about 16 Mils of elevation left of the total 19 Mils. That works well and is easy to see. The S&B I am not sure of.

You could just dial it & count the clicks from your zero.
I would also shoot a box with it, and determine the actual click values and capabilities, instead of relying on the merchandising claims.

I received a bunch of good info about this over the weekend. Basically the turret on this scope adjusts a total of 26 Mils, but the scope itself has 33 Mils of internal adjustment. The reason S&B does this is so that if you are zeroed near the bottom of the elevation range with the full 26 Mils of elevation left for the come up there will still be at least 7 Mils left in internal adjustment. Even though you can't dial up the additional 7 Mils it helps so that you will still have a decent amount of windage adjustment available when you are bottomed out or topped out on your elevation adjustment. With a 20+MOA base you will be able to use the full 26 Mils of elevation adjustment with a 100 yard zero on the S&B PMII 3-20x50. Great news for the real long shots!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.