• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

New Savage .270 WIN Lightweight 20"x 0.560"

Wedgy

New takeoff for a 111 lightweight hunter standard/small shank
20" long
0.560" at muzzle
$75 shipped
thumbnail (88).jpg
thumbnail (90).jpg
thumbnail (91).jpg
thumbnail (89).jpg

I don't need one but just out of curiosity what is the barrel weight?

It's already boxed up and in my car or I would weigh it, but probably a little over 2 lbs range. The 3 that I have shot all shoot well but they heat up fast.
I found this searching a Savage Shooters thread;
"The LWH FW 20" barrel is right at 2.0 lbs." add the lug and nut to that.

What's the weight on the action?
it is the lightweight hunter long action 111 is black with wood stock and the 16/116 is the stainless synthetic stock. 18oz with trigger and rail, no bolt
thumbnail (74).jpg
oz with

Last edited:
****, that pretty light. Can almost
Keep up with the Ti actions as far as weight. Just might be an option. Thank you.

Especially when you can pick up a whole gun with a stainless action for $500;

Dang I haven't seen them that cheep. I've been on the look out but they've all been around $800. I have a couple of other Savage projects I'm working on right now. Hopefully I can find one like that when I clear up some space. Might just buy that one anyway. Haha

Dang I haven't seen them that cheep. I've been on the look out but they've all been around $800. I have a couple of other Savage projects I'm working on right now. Hopefully I can find one like that when I clear up some space. Might just buy that one anyway. Haha
I think they have discontinued the lightweight hunter in that line and call it something else now, like lightweight Storm, more expensive of course.

I think they have discontinued the lightweight hunter in that line and call it something else now, like lightweight Storm, more expensive of course.

Yes, they have the new one with the Proof CF barrel, they can be found for $1200 which isn't crazy. I would've considered it if they were more and had a CF stock too. They seem to be good rifles but I'm building a Savage with a Proof right now. I'd love to get my hands on just an action to build on, or even find one used on the cheap.