New/Old Hunter South Dakota

Hi All!
As the title implies I used to do a fair amount of hunting in my younger days(deer, prairie dogs etc.). As my kids got older i just didn't have the time for it and fell out of the habit. Now they are all in college or beyond and I need to find something to have fun with. I always enjoyed making the long shot(not long compared to the distances talked about on this site, but i'll learn) as opposed to the "let the lead fly and hope you hit something approach" to shooting. Hoping to learn about equipment and techniques without just spending money and hoping it's right. I have always shot a Remington 700 so it appears I may not have to start from scratch. Thinking mostly coyote and prairie dog with the seasonal deer as well. Thanks for letting me join and soak up some of the knowledge and experience floating on this site.

Welcome! You'll find that there are quite a few South Dakota shooters here. What part of the state are you in?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.