New member's first post - South Africa

Boerseun

Hi to all fellow hunters.

I am a South African member that just joined last night. Our hunting season opened on 1 May and I am looking forward to go and hunt a few springbuck with my sons in about six weeks. I received my new Weatherby Vanguard 2 in. 243 Win on Friday and look forward to spend some time with it on the range over the weekend.

I am a fairly new member to the hunting and shooting fraternity compared to some of you of whom I have seen some posts of. I only got my first hunting rifle, a Sako. 270 Win in 2007. I have taken 27 animals with it already, including a beautiful kudu bull in 2011. In 2011 I also aquired a Winchester in . 375 H&H Mag. I have not hunted with it as yet but hope to do so soon.

My three boys, aged 16, 14 and 8 are also keen to hunt and shoot. The eldest two already took two animals each and the youngest is hoping to get his turn this year - thus the purchase of the. 243. He is getting the benefit as his older brothers were much older when they took their first animals.

Reloading is also a great passion of mine although I view myself as fairly novice compared to a lot of the members.

I am looking forward to hear (read) from some of you and trust that I can learn a lot from what you all are sharing.

Regards
Boerseun

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.