Anything that has 4 legs haha
But lately its been Deer, Elk, and Antelope
So, lightweight is a requirement. So, you will want to manage recoil. I would look at something with a brake, shorter barrel in 24" class or less and velocities high enough to get you to a distance you feel comfortable with and have enough energy to get great terminal performance.
Lots of choices here.....6.5, 7mm, 30 cal. You will see lots of opinions and good info. Hang on for the ride!
I've shot all the species you mentioned with the trusty '06, and 7mm Rem mag. Today, the world is your oyster. So many choices if you buy boxed ammo and more if you reload.
Just don't know if you handload or just purchase ammo?

Yeah exactly. Basically this is my plan:

7MM Mag
Bighorn Origin LA MAG Action (possibly a Lone Peak Razor Steel or anything else i can find for a decent price
Proof Senero or Sendero light barrel 8 twist (24" or 26" but want to be able to throw a can on it eventually)
MBM or Axial Precision Muzzlebrake
Axial Precision Stock
Timney Elite hunter or Triggertech Primary
Factory Remington BDL Bottom Metal

Yeah exactly. Basically this is my plan:

7MM Mag
Bighorn Origin LA MAG Action (possibly a Lone Peak Razor Steel or anything else i can find for a decent price
Proof Senero or Sendero light barrel 8 twist (24" or 26" but want to be able to throw a can on it eventually)
MBM or Axial Precision Muzzlebrake
Axial Precision Stock
Timney Elite hunter or Triggertech Primary
Factory Remington BDL Bottom Metal
Yes, you're on the right track! A suppressed barrel would be nice. My brakes are loud so I bring hearing stuff.
Now, zero in on something that will fill the mag length you expect to function well. Then study your cartridge length options. You're getting a bit closer by framing a round that fits your action you envision. Still, tons of options.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.