New Member - SE Virginia

AccuracyAddict

Hello all, I am not ashamed to admit I'm a noob when it comes to long range shooting and hunting. I used to hunt with my dad about 20 years ago and just got back into it in the last 2 years. I have been mainly still hunting on private property but have aspirations of finding a mentor to help learn/guide more about being able to scout and ethically harvest game, eventually at longer ranges.

I am a member of a local gun club and enjoy shooting and reloading and always strive to find and be able to shoot that 1 hole group. I have been going through the painstaking process of buying, selling, and trading rifles over the last 5 years and realized that (to me) quality is worth more than quantity. So instead of stacking the safe, I am slowly dwindling down to a handful of quality rifles.

I'm a lefty who has always shot right handed rifles, but recently decided to start making a shift to left hand rifles. I have right handed .260 that I am in the process of selling and have accrued all the components for a LH .260 build that I will use for my range/target gun. My primary hunting rifle is a LH 700 in 300 WM that was built about 8 years ago by Mark Lammers that I recently bought used. I know the ER Shaw barrel that it was built with is hit and miss and I eventually want to rebarrel with a Bartlein or similar barrel.

I look forward to interacting with the LRH community and appreciate any and all guidance.

Thanks,
Dan

Just spending this snowed in day looking at old posts on LRH. Notice you are in SE Va and may wish some help coming to serious Long Range capabilities. I would be glad to help you get started if you still need it.

Randy
804 690-6868

Hello all, I am not ashamed to admit I'm a noob when it comes to long range shooting and hunting. I used to hunt with my dad about 20 years ago and just got back into it in the last 2 years. I have been mainly still hunting on private property but have aspirations of finding a mentor to help learn/guide more about being able to scout and ethically harvest game, eventually at longer ranges.

I am a member of a local gun club and enjoy shooting and reloading and always strive to find and be able to shoot that 1 hole group. I have been going through the painstaking process of buying, selling, and trading rifles over the last 5 years and realized that (to me) quality is worth more than quantity. So instead of stacking the safe, I am slowly dwindling down to a handful of quality rifles.

I'm a lefty who has always shot right handed rifles, but recently decided to start making a shift to left hand rifles. I have right handed .260 that I am in the process of selling and have accrued all the components for a LH .260 build that I will use for my range/target gun. My primary hunting rifle is a LH 700 in 300 WM that was built about 8 years ago by Mark Lammers that I recently bought used. I know the ER Shaw barrel that it was built with is hit and miss and I eventually want to rebarrel with a Bartlein or similar barrel.

I look forward to interacting with the LRH community and appreciate any and all guidance.

Thanks,
Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.