New member introduction

HRM Johnny

One of the experienced guys on here who has helped me is “memtb” he has a quote from Bob Hagel. It basically says: you should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong. So, after reading that numerous times, I bought a used copy of The Game Rifle by Bob Hagel. BTW, I love used book stores, and used books. I can’t remember what I payed, but I just saw three copies of it on abebooks.com for less than $4.00. What a bargain.
While a 7mm rem mag is certainly capable of taking elk sized game, ... it might not be the ideal caliber-as you alluded to. I will let other more experienced, and more knowledgeable members of this forum advise you on what might be a good choice for your purposes.
-Johnny
p.s. I have been a member for less than a year. I’ve learned a lot. I’m sure you will too.

GLTaylor

LRH Team Member
Welcome from NE Alabama.

I applaud your self restraint! If you have access to some distance to practice that is the best way to gain confidence, skill and ability.

Ranger1994

Welcome to the forum from Eastern North Carolina. Good ethics and attitude will go a long way here. Congrats on a good harvest. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people on here that are more than willing to help and share. I've learned a lot from these folks.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.