New member from Western Pennsylvania

4X4Dad

I'd like to thank the members here for all the priceless information I've researched here in the past for starters . Now , I've decided to step up my skills to get beyond my personal threshold of 400 yds. point blank range . IvI' been groundhog hunting for about 30 yrs with basic equipment , but recently upgraded my range finder to a Bushnell CONX and as of last weekend , a basic Kestrel 5700 to LINK up to it . My go to groundhog rifle is a Ruger target model 22-250 , but since I want to jump out to 6-800 yds , I will probably setup a same model rifle I already have , but in a 25-06 caliber . I now need to find a suitable scope with a preferred Christmas tree reticle ( I don't like dialing ) . That's my story in a nutshell . Hopefully ilI' be able to help others as much as the members here have helped me over the years .

Rick.

With a 25-06 you can shoot deer too! I use mine a lot..
I think it's a good choice! You might want to look for a faster twist
there are some really interesting new bullets coming out.

Thanks guys . A new twist is probably how ilI' go in the near future , because this particular 25-06 only likes the smaller 85-90 grain pills . I know they'll be a low BC , so a ( slower ? ) twist barrel will be the cure for VLD bullets . I'm on a limited budget like most are , so I'll be taking it one step at a time for now . But , i am really going to appreciate all the technical advise I'm sure you guys will provide in the future as I slowly progress .
For the fun part , my brother and i have been in a friendly competition since I first got him hooked on groundhog hunting . He hunts & gets more hogs , but he'll never catch me on LONG shots . LOL ! Hopefully this new project will be insurance for a couple more years !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.