New member from the Bayou Country

BigSpecs

Hello, my name is John Williams and I live on Bayou Black in Terrebonne Parish, LA. Experienced as a child shooting mostly shotgun and 22lr. Military US Army in early 70's. I love to saltwater fish and my wife and friends say I'm a pretty good cook .... made sticky chicken and rice for lunch today. My rifles are a Winchester 25WSSM, Sauer 202 30-06 (both with Swarovski Scopes), and Sig MXC 300BLK (with a 3X EoTech) as well as a couple of Anschutz rimfire's. And I just bought a Savage BMag 17WSM. I reload all my own ammo with exception to the rimfire. I am pleased with my shooting at this stage, shooting under MOA. Most of my shooting has been 100-300 yards, but I plan on going to a club that has a 600 yard range. It's not easy to go out and shoot most anywhere since there is little public land in South LA and most of it is flat.
Most of my shooting is target with exception to a handful of deer hunts in GA and a hog hunt in LA. I'd like to get into some hog hunting in Texas or wherever though and predator as well. I'm going to start shooting prone and offhand and try and get proficient at it so I could use some tips.
Regardless, I'm happy to have found this forum and hope to one day have information or reviews worth sharing. Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.