New Member from South Carolina

DavidCollins

Hello! I've been in and out, sort of lurking as it were, for some time, and thought it was high time I made myself "official" and start contributing.

I am an avid rifle (and handgun, and shotgun....) shooter in South Carolina. My primary game pursuits, therefore, involve white tail deer and hogs, with hogs being an incidental harvest. We have opportunities for long range shots over agricultural fields and timbered cutovers on our property. I also have personal interest in just shooting rifles at extended distances for target and research purposes.

I have owned two rifles that I specifically configured for long range shooting in South Carolina - a custom built Remington 700 chambered in 280 Ackley Improved, and a slightly modified Winchester Model 70 Coyote in 7mm WSM. Both shot well sub-MOA, and both have sadly been stolen by the local thug herd. So, I am sort of starting over.

Occupation: I am a forensic firearm and tool mark examiner.... what the media like to refer to as a "ballistics expert", which makes all of us cringe.

I look forward to participating and learning a great deal from you folks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.