new member from Idaho

David J Chavez

I bought a lever action rifle years ago but never got around to trying out hunting.So I dusted off the obsolete thing and am in the process of mounting a scope on it, this itself is a learning process. I have been hesitant to try hunting due to lack of knowledge and gear. If I could keep the cost down and do some deer hunting that would be good. So many aspects of hunting such as field dressing and butchering that I find daunting. Would like to be self sufficient will everything?

Nothin to it but to do it! Welcome from the Idaho panhandle!

Everyone has to start somewhere, and Idaho is a good state to start. Lots of over the counter tags and pretty easy pickings if you don't mind shooting a doe

Welcome to the forum from North Idaho. I found this site 6 years ago and still cannot believe how many great people there are willing to help out us "newbies". Welcome aboard!

Welcome from north central Montana, glad ya found this place, your going to like it here. A lot of great people here, with a lot of knowledge.
It's not about the gear or how you get there. We all love the outdoors and if you get an animal to take home that is the bonus and there is no bad day when your out hunting. Just jump in and take a good friend or family with. You cant go wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.