New Member from Alaska

@Moose47

Same here, haven't even seen rl26 at the gunshows.

I did manage to pick up 2lbs of varget at the last one, but only because I had a table and bought it before the show opened.

There's a guy that ways has some powders and sells them for normal prices. He never seems to have any of the RL stuff, but he had most of the other interesting stuff (other than h1000 or retumbo)

I'll probably end up with a table at one of the next ones too. I can keep an eye open for you

@Moose47

Same here, haven't even seen rl26 at the gunshows.

I did manage to pick up 2lbs of varget at the last one, but only because I had a table and bought it before the show opened.

There's a guy that ways has some powders and sells them for normal prices. He never seems to have any of the RL stuff, but he had most of the other interesting stuff (other than h1000 or retumbo)

I'll probably end up with a table at one of the next ones too. I can keep an eye open for you
Thanks for the heads up, are you talking about the palmer gun show? was the powder guy at the show/ Maybe magpro, H4831 4350 ETC.

Thanks for the heads up, are you talking about the palmer gun show? was the powder guy at the show/ Maybe magpro, H4831 4350 ETC.

Yeah, the last one at the fairgrounds. I think he had h4831 and magpro, not so sure about the 4350. Did you go to it?

Welcome! another Anchorage member here! I will look through my boxes, I used to shoot the lrx in my 300wsm and might have a few left.

Thanks again to all that have welcomed me to this site. If anyone in the Anchorage area see's any RL 26 or Barnes LRX 270/129gr, 30 cal LRX 200/175gr or any 375 270LRX please post. Thanks Tim
As a new member I most interested in Hunting in Alaska and reloading for my hunting adventures with a 300 Weatherby and Remington Model 700 375HH.
Glad to be a member and hope to both learn and share with the membership.
Nice calibers! I shoot 300WSM and 375H&H. If you can't find 270 LRX, I have had great performance from the 250TTSX and they're generally a lot easier to find. The 250 went clear through my wife's delta bison last year

Bull or cow? Congrats either way!

Wondering about size of bison versus penetration of TTSX...
So full story- it was me shooting the .375 as her backup, she got a beautiful young bull, 3 year old. There was no stopping that TTSX, the exit wound looked like it had been cut with a scalpel. I honestly thought it was a little underwhelming on the wound cavity but man the penetration was insane, and the impact literally knocked him over. Full broadside, no bone contact. I will for sure keep some handy for brown bear.

Her first shot had him dead on his feet though, 200 grain ELDX shredded his heart so he was not going to go far.

So full story- it was me shooting the .375 as her backup, she got a beautiful young bull, 3 year old. There was no stopping that TTSX, the exit wound looked like it had been cut with a scalpel. I honestly thought it was a little underwhelming on the wound cavity but man the penetration was insane, and the impact literally knocked him over. Full broadside, no bone contact. I will for sure keep some handy for brown bear.

Her first shot had him dead on his feet though, 200 grain ELDX shredded his heart so he was not going to go far.
Welcome from Texas if I wasnt a Texan might have to think about becoming an Alaskan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.