New Gap-10 and it's a shooter

TXAoudadKlr

Recently took my GAP-10 in 6.5 creedmoor recently and it's a shooter!!!
Before heading out to the range I cleaned the barrel completely and frog lubed the bolt.
The rifle initially had me concern with its accuracy with factory Hornady 129sst Superformance ammo as it had not righted up much after 7 shot rounds I fired 2 more rounds which were a bit tighter then it really tighten up with the next 3 shots and printed a .151CTC group at 100 yards. It might not be your typical hunting rifle but with its accuracy, lack of recoil and ergonomics it's going to make for an excellent medium size game rifle.
Rifle is a Gap-10 gen2 6.5 creedmoor
21" 1:8.2 bartlein barrel that wears an APA little Jimmy brake
Magpul PRS stock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 211
Nice rifle. I have a G1 GAP-10 in .308 and it's a shooter as well. I would like to get a 6.5 CM eventually. For now I will keep this one. I haven't loaded for it yet and may not need to. Can't say enough good things about this rifle. It has the 20" barrel 1:10.

3 shot groups at 100 yards using federal fusion.

Last edited:
Here's my target from my first outing with it and the group it shot. I've thought about reloading for it but It's hard for me to want to get into reloading a semi auto. If if continues to shoot like that I'm not going to even worry about it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 178
If I reload it will be for the accubond, I'm not totally sold on the ELD-X just yet.

Which accushot mono-pod is on your rifle?

Yes it does. I bought mine just to shoot with not hunt so I don't mind the weight. Like you said it makes it fun to shoot.

It surprised the hell out me with its lack of recoil based on my time behind my ar-10. It's definitely going to be more of a plinking rifle compared to my two big boomers.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts