New and Confused!

Welcome from Vantucky !
6.5 x 300 Weatherby is an "over-bore" cartridge.
{large case capacity coupled with under-sized bore)

It was the result of a "horsepower race" between Nosler (26 Nosler) and Weatherby.
The trophy was Fastest Production 6.5
Weatherby won by a small amount...they are both over-bore.

You will want to get set up to handload your own ammo.

Good luck with your new rifle !

Welcome again from Arkansas! Promise yourself you will not spend another dime until 3 months have passed. Learn all you can until then. Thank me in about 4 months after you know what to buy to accomplish what you want to do.
#1 thing to research now is the terrain of where you will be hunting. How close and how far will your shot opportunities be. That will determine the equipment you need. Otherwise you could get caught up buying stuff you don't need and won't use. A lot of folks enjoy that hunt more than hunting game critters. I am the opposite. I want equipment suited to my own real world hunting. Not interested in spending xxxxx $ on exotic equipment as a form of self excitement.
Good advise! I've already come close to buying a few scopes only to do more research and find out they wouldn't be the right fit. The more I read the more I learn for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.