New 6.5 Creedmoor Build

@Jud96

Question. If I were to special order an action with you guys, is it possible to order it with my special S/N?

Nez
Call the shop and ask to speak with Jim. He's the shop manager and would be able to answer that better than I can. Thank you!

My newest rifle build is complete! This is my first full custom rifle and it's built on the Pierce "Shadow" and chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. I couldn't be happier with it! I did 100% of the work building this rifle including manufacturing operations on the action! I'll list the build specs below. Thanks!

-Pierce Shadow short action fully nitrided
-Lilja #4 1-8tw 3 groove 24"
-McMillan Game Scout
-Triggertech Primary
-RHR BDL bottom metal
-Wyatt's extended Mag box
-MBM Super Baby Beast brake
-Hawkins lightweight rings
-Pierce 2 piece rail
-Devcon glass bedded

View attachment 383248View attachment 383247View attachment 383249View attachment 383250View attachment 383251View attachment 383253View attachment 383252
Call the shop and ask to speak with Jim. He's the shop manager and would be able to answer that better than I can. Thank you!
@Jud96: I don't own a 6.5 Creed; but, if I ever decided to get one (and could pony up the dinero!), that would be exactly what I would want! Your rifle is simply eloquent and beautifully done. How much can a guy get for a 71 year old Kidney?!?!?

.010 looks like the magic number, may try three at .005 and three at .015 along with three again at .010. If it repeats the same at .010 I would stop and work on powder charge.

My newest rifle build is complete! This is my first full custom rifle and it's built on the Pierce "Shadow" and chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. I couldn't be happier with it! I did 100% of the work building this rifle including manufacturing operations on the action! I'll list the build specs below. Thanks!

-Pierce Shadow short action fully nitrided
-Lilja #4 1-8tw 3 groove 24"
-McMillan Game Scout
-Triggertech Primary
-RHR BDL bottom metal
-Wyatt's extended Mag box
-MBM Super Baby Beast brake
-Hawkins lightweight rings
-Pierce 2 piece rail
-Devcon glass bedded

View attachment 383248View attachment 383247View attachment 383249View attachment 383250View attachment 383251View attachment 383253View attachment 383252
This rig turned out super nice, Jerry. 1st class all the way and I can't wait to cycle that action with a round in when when you stretch it's legs in the next week or so!

Today I shot the 6.5 some more. I shot 20 rounds at 100 yards. I shot some groups and chronographed 9 shots to get an idea of what my average velocity would be with the break in load I'm using. It's averaging 2642fps but had a huge ES of 66. Again this is just a starting load to get 100 shots on the barrel and get all of my brass once fired. Previously, I tuned seating depth at 100 to get it as best I could, and I'll do real load development after the brass is once fired.

After shooting at 100, I went and stretched it out to 1126 yards with some buddies for fun. I made a few impacts but this load definitely showed how poor ES and no real load development can kick your butt haha. It was a very challenging day with switchy winds and poor conditions for watching trace. Nonetheless everybody made impacts and had a good time.

Below is the first 5 shot group at 100 yards I have shot with the rifle. It measured 0.310" center to center. Not bad for a starting load! I'm really happy with how this rifle is shooting and how nice it turned out overall. Thanks
8CEAC5AB-8693-4FA5-BA52-9202D80708F3.jpeg

Last edited: