Need your help please

Ernie

SPONSOR
I Need your help concerning a product.

Cheaper than Dirt is selling Swedish Military Culminating Rangefinder Original Swedish military rangefinder manufactured by Nife Optics.
Their description is listed below:

"Used by mortar squads to quickly and accurately determine the distance to fire their rounds on target but can be used by Varmint Hunters and Snipers teams too quickly and accurately find the distance of the target. Does not use batteries like laser rangefinders or require a beam reflection for use. Good luck trying to get the range on a bird on a wire at 350 meters with a laser rangefinder (this rangefinder can do it easily with the 8 power magnification eyepiece!). The aluminum tube has rubberized armored housing over the lense housings to protect it from dropping. The hard plastic case is durable and protects the rangefinder with formed foam lining. The sling is attached to the tube along with the lense covers so you can safely carry it anywhere without the case. Also included is a mono-pod that will attach horizontally or vertically, and a lense brush and chamois for keeping the lenses clean. Length of unit: 33.5" Case Size: Length 37 1/2 " Width 9 ¾" Height 8 ¾""

Has anyone used one of these?
I know I read about this rangefinder somewhere, but don't remember where.
My question is would this work well for LR PD shooting?
I have been told that this type of rangefinder does better on flat ground with small targets than a laser rangefinder does.
For $200 is it a good deal or throwing money down a rat hole?
Would it be good for ranging PD's beyond 2k?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.