My new VLP

LEFTYM77

Got bored and snapped a few picks of my new savage model 12 VLP 243. I put a leupold VXII 6.5-20X50 LRT on it don't have any target picks but she shoots:D....nothing too fancy just thought I would show it off
gunpics002.jpg

gunpics003.jpg

LEFTYM77, your new Savage looks great! I bet it's going to shoot awesome too. Savage rifles are very accurate right out of the box. What is the twist rate on the barrel?

W.

the savage website said 1-9twist, but I noticed the new catalog (2008) says 1-9.25, but it is a 07 model so I not 100% sure....:confused:

when I was out a couple weeks ago I was consitantly shooting under an inch (around 3/4) at 100 yards with factory ammo, I loaded up some Amaxes this past weekend that hopefully i will be able to try saturday. I only have about 20 rounds down the pipe. I did the shoot and clean for the first 10 then shot some groups and I am happy so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts