Muzzlebreaks?

tommyv7474

I have got a 300 win mag it has a heavy fluted 24 inch barrel.I am trying to get out to 1000 yds. Its has alot of recoil. I just want to tame a little so I can stay in the scope. What kind of muzzlebreak do i need? Who is the best to do it? Will this change the way my gunshoots? Thanks Tommy

I have the same question . KDF BREAKS say 300win Felt-Recoil After Installation is that of a .243 and I know the felt recoil of a 375 h-h is a little less than a 30-06 . A buddy has the KDF on 270 and 7mm -375 h-h . do the others reduce the felt recoil as good as a KDF if so what is a good one to use . I don't want to have one installed and bring a 300 down to a 7mm that would be a wast of time and money.

the way a muzzle brake works is diverting gass which means the most critical measurement is bullet clearance. I have all my brakes reamed .020 over bullet diamaeter (.010 per side) thats about as tight as you want to go otherwise you have to be realy carefull about keeping it very clean. so Basically you need to decide on a design you like. if you want a round brake with holes all the way around buy a harrels for $30 and get it installed. I have used them and they are just as effective as any. if you want a side port which is nice for shooting prone I like the brakes made by Jim See (sponsor here) I have his Muscle brake and the origional CSR brake both are very good and not bad priced.

so they all reduce felt recoil very well ? I like the looks of the magnum 4 port muscle brake . but I cant find a brake that garantes less felt recoil like KDF dose

Yes, Some will debate that others are more effective or louder or quieter etc... bottom line is if you are displacing gas its going to work. Pick the one you like the best and go with it.

Yes, Some will debate that others are more effective or louder or quieter etc... bottom line is if you are displacing gas its going to work. Pick the one you like the best and go with it.
Thank You - One ishu done

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.