Muzzle loader scopes

For me it would depend on how much I shot the muzzle loader, and how long the hunting season last. In Mississippi the season only last 10 days(I think I'm correct on this) for a working man like me that converts to about 3 days. On my muzzle loader I have a Simmons 44 mag, and it works just fine especially since I only make about 3 hunts with it. If I lived in a state where the only thing you can hunt with is a shotgun or muzzle loader I would choose the ML, and I would put a scope with a little better glass than the one I have. Moe

I have a burris 3x9 with bp on mine, the second substention below the crosshair is 13" at 250 yds, dead on with my load
RR

SIR in Winnipeg will be selling Nikon's new Omega BDC250 muzzleloader scope. It is a 3-9, very reasonably priced and slickest scope on the market for muzzleloaders. I helped develop it, have used a very wide range of scopes on all my in-lines and this is the best I have experienced. Makes hits out to 250 yards easy if the wind does not get you. We had to move our targets out to 300 on the recent series of U.S. shooting seminars, guys were hitting at 250 too easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.