Ultimate Muzzle Loader Groups

Indyultra

Here are 2 pic's of my 50 cal Ultimate Muzzle loader 200yrd groups. One has a 2 shot one it(I yanked the trigger, threw it left) The other is a 3 shot group. Both groups are 285 gr Barnes SBT with 200 grains or Pyrodex pellits. Ignition is a 45 Win mag case with Federal Large Rifle Primer.
281821-big.JPG
281820-big.JPG

I'm impressed 2 shots from a .50 muzzel loader and you can cover them with a dime. You dont see that often.

Its made by Ultimate Firearms. www.ultimatefirearms.com. Mine is built on a Howe 1500 action, Lothar barrel 1/26 twist. It will shoot consistant MOA groups, Trying alot of different loads to see which will be best for distant. Its a toss up between the 285 Barnes Spit Fires and the T/C Shock waves(Hornady SST's with different sabot). 200 grains of Pyrodex pellets. They make it with a Rem 40x action and a aluminum bedding block. So far very impressed with the gun. Have close to 300 rounds through it already and its only 2 months old.

since when did a muzzleloader involve a 40x action, (or howa which is yours?) bedding blocks and a 45win mag case...***, over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seem we like re-inventing the wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anybody got a dime they can measure the diameter for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How long is a 458Win case....pyrodex pellets are looong....would guess near an inch/50gr......300gr would be near a 6 inch long CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How long is a 458Win case....pyrodex pellets are looong....would guess near an inch/50gr......300gr would be near a 6 inch long CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

45 win mag is a pistol cartridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Sorry....brain ASSUMED 458 WIN MAG......ended up clicking on the website......lots of claims but I wanna see it to believe it.......welllllllll.....maybe not in person but behind a concrete bunker.......300gr of really fast powder behind a 300gr barrel plug.....NO THANKS!!!!

I don't have the issue, my buddy that has the 40x action does, but he was telling me that in the May issue of American Hunter there is a acticle that Randy Johnson(Owner) shot 300 grains out of his gun, which is a Howe. I will never try 300 grains, tried 250, will stick with 200. I am very impressed with this gun. I don't have the bedding block in mine but plan on bedding it this weekend. Waiting on my Farrell 10moa bases.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.