Mulie hunt

You might want to take a look at South Dakota. A group of guys i know have been hunting a public spot and taken some great whitetails off it. A 186 BC is the largest. I took a nice 5x5 whitetail myself off it, though I missed the a opportunity on a deer of a lifetime. The deers mainbeams were as thick as my wrist, a monster old boy. All I could see was his *** at 50 yards, but I did the ethical thing and not shoot it(300 win mag would of done enough till I put him down) and I got blown by some does and he was gone. I stumbled on them so I was literally crouched in a clearing with nothing. It makes me sick when I think about not taking the shot when I had a chance. Anyways it was the first time I hunted SD and being from the east coast the amount and quality of whitetails was awsome on public land. I hunted Mulies on private cattle ranch up there that bordered public land and I saw probly 50-70 bucks in 3 days (5-7 shooters). Shot a big 5x5 mulie thats going to be tough to top this upcoming season. A guy with us took a 18x18 non-typical mulie off the same land 2 years ago. I would take a hard look at SD personally.

*Edit - In SD you can purchase special buck tags so you can take either a whitetail or mulie since there are quality bucks of both kinds running around.

You have anyone going with you?? I am more than interested in going along.. I tend to be a bit extreme so if you aren't that's cool.. I usually can't keep a hunting partner.. think its my background... retired Green Beret tends to say it all.. I'm almost 50 so I am a bit slower but still go deep with my pack..

I live in WA and like hunting Idaho..

Here is one thing I have found out here.. after about 2 miles I rarely see anyone.. and if I do they usually are being guided.. I do see some tree hugging hikers at times.. usually with candy and the Disney look trying to become a grizzly stat...

deep and quiet.. too many guys I watch just walk in on the top of a ridge and wonder why there is nothing in the canyon.. or they are so **** loud the deer or elk need handi-cap stickers..

At the 5 mile mark it's pretty quiet.. and I rarely see anyone .. let me know if you are interested or if anyone else is interested in hunting.. thx me

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.