Montana Rifle Elk Outfitters

Spyndryft

Looking at setting up a 2021 Montana elk hunt. Anyone ever hunt with Elk Ridge Outfitters out of Wilsall? I talked with the owner, and he seemed like a really good guy, long range friendly too. Just wondering if anyone had or knows a someone who hunted with them previously.
Or, if anyone has any other recommendations for a top notch Montana outfitter with good trophy quality along with being long range friendly. Thanks

I know that area, probably have a decent hunt there. For sure I'd be checking on references from the last couple years.

Suggest checking their state licensing background in addition to personal references as well. In past you could call the board to ask as well but in these times who knows if you will reach anyone.

A post from an earlier post on outfitters:
" First and foremost, every state has an outfitter board that licenses both guides and outfitters. That is the first place I check for current license PLUS any complaints and resolution of the complaints. Understand sometimes a complaint is the result of a hunter not being prepared and not the outfitter or guide not being prepared. BUT it will tell you they are legitimately licensed and if there has been a "history" of complaints that you can decide to follow up with the outfitter. Been my experience the outfitter is usually surprised but pleasantly surprised and will be forthright with you if you call to discuss what was the issue and resolution. "

Earlier Post in LRH:
Link: State Outfitter Licensing Boards

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts