Monarch 3 5-20X44?

I have a 4-16x model with nikoplex. I'm pleased with it. To me the circles on the bdc reticle are a little to big. But probably just fine for hunting. It would also give you more points to measure from.

I have the regular/older Monarch in 6-24x44 with the BDC. It is a very good scope. I have thought of selling it a couple times but keep it because it tracks to well. I keep it as a test scope if I feel I'm having an issue with another scope. It's currently on a 300 RUM I was shooting this past Monday. The scope dialed perfectly to 300 yards and back to zero. It also holds zero perfectly and it has some rounds through it. It has been on a 7RM, 300 WSM, and now the 300 RUM.

I don't like the BDC reticle though. The reticle is too heavy for me. The BDC doesn't allow for wind, so you are going to have to dial windage not matter what. I dial with it only. But like I said, I've never sold it because it dials so well.

Mine has 1/8" graduation on the turrets and it is only a 1" scope, so it does lack a little in total elevation adjustment. But with a 20 MOA rail, you should be able to get to a 1000 yards with a high BC/fast bullet.

I do like the different turrets you can put on it. I have the tall caped turret on top and the low profile one on the windage turret. Works great.

Glass is not bad either. Close to most Vortex glass. I don't have any problems with the glass. It is a bright scope.

Wild, I have a 4X16 Monarch with a mil-dot reticle. Never had any problem with it, tracks well, bright, good parallax and turrets. It functions so well I keep it on the rifle. I shot several of my friend's Monarchs with the BDC, but I agree too much going on with the reticle. The 5X20 should be even better. Gather your own data, the Nikon Spot On is not very spot on per my friend. Good luck

Wild, I have a 4X16 Monarch with a mil-dot reticle. Never had any problem with it, tracks well, bright, good parallax and turrets. It functions so well I keep it on the rifle. I shot several of my friend's Monarchs with the BDC, but I agree too much going on with the reticle. The 5X20 should be even better. Gather your own data, the Nikon Spot On is not very spot on per my friend. Good luck

No apology for liking Weatherbys

I like your signature line. This scope is going on a light weight Mark V.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.