Modifying a blind

wildcat westerner

I have a primos ground max blind. My latest Antelope hunt proved to me this unit was largely waterproof in that it rained 6 of 8 days. It also cut the wind well. Despite steel fence posts wired on the corners and HD leather straps on the corners, pulling down for stability. The blackened windows and camo netting need to be stabilized since their movement alerted Antelope comin near the waterhole.
Has anybody come up with a serious modification that makes for a taut presentation and still allow for a couple of narrow slits for shooting? I would appreciate serious, practical insights in this matter. I will be keeping this blind.

WW

Had the same problem. I replaced the mesh fabricate with nylon window screen material. Cut to size and attached with velcro. Cut small slits in it to slip the gun barrel through.

Hello 17 Tactical,
I like your idea,and can see its usage. For me I can see panels of this material with a Velcro backing so it can be opened and closed on each side of the blind.

Thanks
Gene

That is what we did on our Double Bull blind. The blind we have is an older one with the oblong shaped windows. Since the screens are stiff, we removed them before packing the blind up and then stored in the bag with the blind. Maybe it will work for you too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.