Model 70 Stock

Clndesl

Ok so I need all you guy's help. I have a Win Mod 70 post 64 in 300WSM that was just built for me with a #7 Douglas match barrel, blue printed action, rifle basix trigger tuned to #2, and I could not find a stock anywhere. I had a friend that sold me a Choate Varmit for cheap but it is alittle bulky and heavy for a hunting gun. I am looking for your recomendations on stocks for this. I like the Mcmillan A3 but I am unsure of the wait at this time. Please let me know what you guys think.

Ok so I need all you guy's help. I have a Win Mod 70 post 64 in 300WSM that was just built for me with a #7 Douglas match barrel, blue printed action, rifle basix trigger tuned to #2, and I could not find a stock anywhere. I had a friend that sold me a Choate Varmit for cheap but it is alittle bulky and heavy for a hunting gun. I am looking for your recomendations on stocks for this. I like the Mcmillan A3 but I am unsure of the wait at this time. Please let me know what you guys think.

Just to throw a couple up for consideration.

Manners is a great choice in a stock if you're willing to wait about 4 months. You can have it built however you need with 90% carbon fiber to reduce weight and several other options.

A B&C medalist will work if you need a stock now. It will be the same stock as what comes on the newer Extreme Weather M70s. You'll have to inlet for the extra barrel diameter, but it's easy enough to do.

Ill look into those. If anyone has any pics feel free to throwe them up too. Thanks again.

Just to throw a couple up for consideration.

Manners is a great choice in a stock if you're willing to wait about 4 months. You can have it built however you need with 90% carbon fiber to reduce weight and several other options.

A B&C medalist will work if you need a stock now. It will be the same stock as what comes on the newer Extreme Weather M70s. You'll have to inlet for the extra barrel diameter, but it's easy enough to do.

The coyote had a medium heavy barrel if you like laminate, the 93-99 heavy varmint had a nice H-S kevlar, I have a few of these rifles and like the stocks but you don't say what type of stock you might be looking for.

I am looking for a more hunting friendly stock. It will have to have a pretty big barrel Chanel cause my #7 barrel is big. I'm mostly looking for a lighter stock than my choate but don't want to give up performance. If it was a Remington then that's easy but the win doesn't have as many options

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.