• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Model 52 Cooper Wood Stock

andrews1958

This rifle is a 25-06 and in mint shape. LNIB. The action is black and barrel is SS. The stock is a real nice blond color with streaks which I have been told is unusual for Cooper rifles. French walnut? It comes with the box, all paper work and the test target. I am not sure who the 30mm rings are from only that I had a Swarovski Z6i 5x30-50 objective and with these rings the bell sat very close to the barrel. I think I bought the rifle 5/6 years ago and since then it has sat in my safe and I have never shot it. To me fine rifles are like art is to others so my rifles rarely make it out of my safe and when they do it is only for me to admire them
smile
.I also need to thin down my collection as my safe is full. $2,000 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1191 (3) - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1191 (3) - Copy.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1192 (1).JPG
    IMG_1192 (1).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 168
That is indeed French walnut; I have a Cooper .22 with that wood. And folks, $1900 is a very good deal. To the OP, maybe show a picture of the test target. If I recall correctly these are a 52 yards, and they often have load data.

Coopers are awesome rifles. The 25/06 is a fine cartridge too. I have a 2011 catalog and price sheet. In 2011, the price was $1700 PLUS $200 for stainless barrel. Their prices don't come down! Neither do previously owned. They are as close to a full custom rifle as you can get and are excellent in every way. The classic comes with Claro wood, and I think that is Claro, not French (which is actually English, not french). But, the stock on this rifle is beautifully laid out with grain running correctly. No problems with any warping, as if there could be in a Cooper. Someone will see this and know what a good cartridge the 25/06 is and how well made a Cooper is and realize this is a very good buy!

Cooper 3 shot test target. I have never shot it but it looks to be a shooter along with being a nice looking rifle :)

Attachments

• Cooper Target.PNG
    Cooper Target.PNG
    52.4 KB · Views: 54