misfire

loprofile

I pulled the trigger and got a click but the bow did not shoot. Now it is uncocked but the string and arrow is in the fully loaded position. I have tried to unwind it or alternatively recocked it but have had no luck with either.
Any help appreciated.

I pulled the trigger and got a click but the bow did not shoot. Now it is uncocked but the string and arrow is in the fully loaded position. I have tried to unwind it or alternatively recocked it but have had no luck with either.
Any help appreciated.

To unload the Tac15 crossbow you have to put the crank back on.
Then take-up the tension of the string by turning the crank *just a little* and then you lift up the shuttle by one of the prongs that sticks out to the side, and while holding down the ratchet release you unwind the string and let down the bow. It's a little fiddly to figure out until you get it right.

This is explained in the Tac15 manual and video.

What might have caused your problem?: If you hooked the string on the anti-dry-fire mechanism instead of the trigger release that's located behind it, the trigger will go click but the arrow will not be released. The string loop on the bow string goes on the second hook back on the shuttle!!!

How do I know this? Well, I had to pee on the electric fence myself, instead of learning by reading. :rolleyes::D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.