Minimum neck tension for hunting load/ mag fed. in 6.5 creedmoor.

Greasegun

Hello,

I am hoping there is someone here that can answer this question from experience (to save me some headaches)

I have been working up my loads for a 6.5 creedmoor rifle for hunting. I have found it shoots a little better when I bushing size the neck to leave .0025" neck tension, then run expander mandrel to leave about .0013" neck tension. SD under 5 with this process. Is that neck tension too light to run as a magazine feed?

The rifle in question is heavy, with a muzzle break, so light recoil. But also about to start loading for a lightweight 6.5cm rifle for hunting as well.

Thanks

I'm using the same process for my 28 Nosler, and have 1.5 neck tension. No bullet movement when shooting with the brake; haven't shot without the brake to test that. I'm guessing you'll be good with that cm setup.

I'm using the same process for my 28 Nosler, and have 1.5 neck tension. No bullet movement when shooting with the brake; haven't shot without the brake to test that. I'm guessing you'll be good with that cm setup.
Thanks for the input

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.