• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Mighty fine deer rifle

Hobo

Custom McWHORTER 6.5 x 47 Lapua Long Range Deer Rifle

I have to stop hunting therefore I am reluctantly selling my favorite custom deer rifle built by Tim McWhorter of McWhorter Custom Rifles (http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com)… Tim built this rifle for me in June 2011 and I have shot it exactly 133 times.

Shown below is a description of the custom build from the original Invoice:

DESCRIPTION
Caliber 6.5 x 47 Lapua
Action Stiller Custom Action (1 in 9" Twist) with Spiral Fluted Bolt
Barrel Hart #5, Fluted (straight), 24" Stainless Steel plus McWhorter Muzzle Brake
Stock McMillen Rem. Hunter, Monte Carlo,
Palm-Swell. Kick Eze Recoil Pad, Shadowgrass Pattern,
Pillow-block Bedded
Trigger Jewell Adjustable Trigger (set at 12 oz.)
Scope Mounts Talley Rings/Mount Set
Finish Cerakoted Barrel and Action
Scope Swarovski Z6 3-18 BT L Plex HD
Ammunition 20 rounds custom 6.5 x 47 Lapua and Load Data
Serial Number MCW0180

Included with this rifle will be 150+ rounds of loaded ammunition, another 50+ rounds of once fired Lapua brass… These rounds are all loaded to the specifications as provided by McWhorter Custom Rifles as the accuracy load for this rifle… McWhorter guarantees sub ½" groups… These loads consist of Lapua brass and 140 grain Berger VLD boat-tail, hollow point projectiles. This accuracy load information will be provided to the buyer along with a set of Forster Precision 6.5 x 47 Lapua reloading dies.. The buyer will also receive quite an assortment of projectiles, powder, and primers for this round… Also included is a Leica Rangemaster 900 rangefinder to provide accurate info to the Ballistic Turrets of the Swarovski Z6 3-18 x 50 scope…

I paid $7,090 for this setup (not including the Leica rangefinder or all the ammunition, components and reloading equipment).. I will gladly furnish copies of my original invoice to serious buyers… A hard case is also included…

Asking price: --- $5,750

Attachments

• McWhorter LS Profile.jpg
    McWhorter LS Profile.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
  • McWhorter RS Profile.jpg
    McWhorter RS Profile.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Mcwhorter Bolt.jpg
    Mcwhorter Bolt.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 11
  • McWhorter Swarovski Scope RS.jpg
    McWhorter Swarovski Scope RS.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 993
  • McWhorter Muzzle Brake.jpg
    McWhorter Muzzle Brake.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
  • McWhorter-13.jpg
    McWhorter-13.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 11
Custom McWHORTER 6.5 x 47 Lapua Long Range Deer Rifle

I have to stop hunting therefore I am reluctantly selling my favorite custom deer rifle built by Tim McWhorter of McWhorter Custom Rifles (http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com)… Tim built this rifle for me in June 2011 and I have shot it exactly 133 times.

Shown below is a description of the custom build from the original Invoice:

DESCRIPTION
Caliber 6.5 x 47 Lapua
Action Stiller Custom Action (1 in 9" Twist) with Spiral Fluted Bolt
Barrel Hart #5, Fluted (straight), 24" Stainless Steel plus McWhorter Muzzle Brake
Stock McMillen Rem. Hunter, Monte Carlo,
Palm-Swell. Kick Eze Recoil Pad, Shadowgrass Pattern,
Pillow-block Bedded
Trigger Jewell Adjustable Trigger (set at 12 oz.)
Scope Mounts Talley Rings/Mount Set
Finish Cerakoted Barrel and Action
Scope Swarovski Z6 3-18 BT L Plex HD
Ammunition 20 rounds custom 6.5 x 47 Lapua and Load Data
Serial Number MCW0180

Included with this rifle will be 150+ rounds of loaded ammunition, another 50+ rounds of once fired Lapua brass… These rounds are all loaded to the specifications as provided by McWhorter Custom Rifles as the accuracy load for this rifle… McWhorter guarantees sub ½" groups… These loads consist of Lapua brass and 140 grain Berger VLD boat-tail, hollow point projectiles. This accuracy load information will be provided to the buyer along with a set of Forster Precision 6.5 x 47 Lapua reloading dies.. The buyer will also receive quite an assortment of projectiles, powder, and primers for this round… Also included is a Leica Rangemaster 900 rangefinder to provide accurate info to the Ballistic Turrets of the Swarovski Z6 3-18 x 50 scope…

I paid $7,090 for this setup (not including the Leica rangefinder or all the ammunition, components and reloading equipment).. I will gladly furnish copies of my original invoice to serious buyers… A hard case is also included…

Asking price: --- $5,750

Great rifle. Would you sell it without the scope? Is the break detachable? Is the length of the barrel note with or without the break? What sort of groups are you getting? I am getting ready to have one built in the same caliber but have not placed the order yet.

ANDREWS 1958
1- At this time I prefer to not break up the combination of rifle and scope (and range-finder) because they are so uniquiely matched considering the ballistic turrets and accuracy load...
2- The measured barrel LOA including the brake is actually 24.5"...
3- I have shot groups of 0.2"- 0.3" but will easily shoot sub 0.5" groups any day...