• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Midway Powder Dump VARGET , H4350

I believe going into holidays they did furlough a lot of their distribution people cause they had nothing to do. No powder to distribute.

And after I raised this, all these big retailers put out Varget, Retumbo
few others but it was all show..

Thin supplies that lasted 10 min. or less, and they did it sporadically 2 ir 3 days to make it seem like a lot of supply....

If they come on with some real powder dumps and liquid supply, I'll admit I was wrong and be glad for everyone. I suppose that could still happen, but when??? IMO not until those ships can unload.

Bring it on!
I'm not saying you were wrong its just you can't believe everything you hear unless it's straight from the horses mouth. And I would sure check it out before spreading the news.

Two theories.

1) These big retailers have all the powder under the counter and just parcel it out piecemeal to price gouge.

2) There are still very short supplies and lots of powder stuck on boats offshore California, especially Hodgdon powder from Australia.

Now if powder supply was plentiful and its only greed holding us back, why wouldnt Powder Valley, Natchez, Grafs, and all of the 1000s
of small LGS stores, Cabelas, Scheels, etc. just hose Larry and Brownells outta business with their high prices and 1 lb. limits?

Myself, I prefer to think 1 lb. limits are just another indicator warning light on the road of shortages.

I do believe we could get a Tsunami or wall of powder when and if those boats dock and get unloaded, and see some real powder dumps that last 10 days 24/7.

No limits.....

But when?

Two theories.

1) These big retailers have all the powder under the counter and just parcel it out piecemeal to price gouge.

2) There are still very short supplies and lots of powder stuck on boats offshore California, especially Hodgdon powder from Australia.

Now if powder supply was plentiful and its only greed holding us back, why wouldnt Powder Valley, Natchez, Grafs, and all of the 1000s
of small LGS stores, Cabelas, Scheels, etc. just hose Larry and Brownells outta business with their high prices and 1 lb. limits?

Myself, I prefer to think 1 lb. limits are just another indicator warning light on the road of shortages.

I do believe we could get a Tsunami or wall of powder when and if those boats dock and get unloaded, and see some real powder dumps that last 10 days 24/7.

No limits.....

But when?
Your too nice to larry.. but I get where your coming from

I'm not saying you were wrong its just you can't believe everything you hear unless it's straight from the horses mouth. And I would sure check it out before spreading the news.
I freely admit, no one has shown me any invoices or packing inventories or consignment labels for shipping containers on those ships, nor has Hodgdons made any public statements or press releases.

Its purely my conclusion and my opinion based on the empirical evidence I see.

When the cold wind blows outta the North I see and feel the actual results and conclude its **** cold and I need a coat and gloves.

I wont need a press release from a meteorologist to reach my conclusion. Its purely empirical but its what I am seeing and experiencing.

When I see a powder dump to Third Generation Shooting Supply who has had no powder since mid year,
When I see Grafs get some powder,
when I see Midsouth have more than 6 offerings, when I see major dumps at Powder Valley, Brownells,
Midway, Natchez, when Recobs decides to sell online again, when shelves are full at Scheels , Cabelas, Greentop, Reloading Everything,
Lohmans, Brunos, and thousands
of LGS across the US, and we dont have and nobody would dare to impose 2 lb limits much less 1 lb.
then we are back, and supply is there.

There is certainly some greed in the suppliers who have supply. You see that in price, not limits.

But the real problem is supply.
If everyone had supplies there would be not only lower prices but no limits at all......

There is one part of the market that has improved a lot. Finished box ammo is now back on shelves, mostly no limits, but it is also one of the reasons there are no reloading supplies and components.

Its a much bigger market than reloading.

88 million gun owners in US
Maybe 5 million reloaders

well at least there was Varget and h 4350. I even got a pound of cfe 223 as I have not had a chance to experiment with it yet. Hazmat doesn't seem as bad when I can get multiple powders. 1 pound of any powder and hazmat I would have stayed away. However I do wish they would release all products at once. So I didn't buy a few and later see other things I would have added as well.