• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Meopta MeoStar B1 7x42mm Binoculars

glock24

I have for sale a pair of like-new in-box MeoStar 7x42mm binoculars. I bought these binoculars after several weeks of research and testing with close to ten different brands in this price range (Kahles, Vortex Viper, Nikon Monarch 7, and Pentax). Let me elaborate on why I selected this pair;

1. Image quality

This optical system had the flattest field of any brand I reviewed. What I mean by that is that image quality and sharpness remained all the way to the edge. What I saw with the other brands was significant curvature, meaning image quality degraded significantly toward the edges. In the outdoors, the beauty of this flat field is that I could simply move my eyeballs inside the eye-cups while scanning my scene instead of needing to physically move my head and the binoculars to find the sharpest image quality in the field-of view. This was a huge advantage to me when hunting.

2. Low-light

Instead of choosing the more popular 8x or even 10x magnification I deliberately chose 7x. This magnification combined with the 42mm objective gave me a large 6mm exit pupil. And as some of you know, a large exit pupil is king when low-light observing or hunting. I found that these Meoptas were simply brighter when it really counted. My next pair of binoculars (no matter the brand) will be 7x42mm for this very reason

3. Eye-relief

As a glasses wearer, long eye relief is very important to me. And even for those of you that don't wear prescription glasses, do not forget about your sunglasses or safety glasses. These Meoptas not only have long 20mm eye-relief, but very unobtrusive eye-cups when fully retracted. I find that this design allows a full field-of-view no matter what I have on my face.

And you don't have to take my word for it. Those of you familiar with Mr. ILya Koshkin's excellent and analytical reviews on high-end riflescopes my also be surprised to know he also reviews a lot of binoculars. Among his favorites in the $900 category, Meopta is well represented!

What don't I like?

It really boils down to one thing, and one thing only. Because of the coating recipe they use, images from these binoculars have a distinct hue of warm yellow. I'm told it is most probable because their anti-reflection coatings measure the highest transmission in the yellow part of the spectrum. This actually has some good uses for hunters in low-light. Similar to wearing driving glasses or shooting glasses with certain tints, this warm hue gives a lot more contrast which in turn helps pick out moving objects. Unfortunately I find myself doing a lot more daytime nature watching, and I like my colors to be more neutral. I know, I know, it sounds petty. Long story short, I am on a quest for the perfect pair of binoculars, and as good as these Meoptas are, they are not perfect to me.

If these binoculars sound like something that will work for you, don't hesitate. This sale includes;

- original box and paperwork
- transferable lifetime warranty
- neck strap
- soft carrying case

I am pricing these to sell quickly at $650 shipped CONUS. I am not interested in any trades

Thanks for looking