Meopta Meopro vs Bushnell Elite 4500

nateisw

Anyone have experience with both? Specifically the Meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44 vs the Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x40. Going on a 7mm rem mag that probably won't ever shoot past 400yds.

No I haven't compared them side by side with the Bushnell 4500 series but I have compared them with the Zeiss Conquest and they are equal (MeoPro) or better (MeoStar) than the Conquest.

If you do a side by side with the 4500 give us a report.

The reason I posted this was because my Bushnell Elite 4200 had some moisture in it and I sent it in for warranty work. I am thinking I am going to buy one of the Meoptas from Cameraland while they are still on special. If I do buy it, I will post a comparison of the two when I get my repaired 4200 back (although I'm hoping I get upgraded to the new 4500).

The reason I posted this was because my Bushnell Elite 4200 had some moisture in it and I sent it in for warranty work. I am thinking I am going to buy one of the Meoptas from Cameraland while they are still on special. If I do buy it, I will post a comparison of the two when I get my repaired 4200 back (although I'm hoping I get upgraded to the new 4500).

It's not my business but so do I.:)

So I went ahead and ordered the Meopta today from Camera Land. Still no word from Bushnell customer service. When I get both of them in I will write up a comparison in a new thread, but I am not an optics expert by any means.

I have a Meostar and it is some of the best glass I have looked through in a riflescope, excellent low light capabilities. My only gripe is the limited adjustment travel. If your looking for 400 yds and in that shouldn't be a problem. This scope was the first Meopta product I had used. I have since changed my binos to their Meostar 12x50's. I think they are a solid competitor in the upper end when looking at price/value. I imagine you will be happy with your purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.