• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

MDT HNT26 chassis

packgoatguy

Just kicking the tires here; I ordered this thinking i would put it on my 28 nos savage... but then I decided to order one for my rem700 instead. However, my rem700 one hasn't arrived yet, so I would like them both here before I make my final decision on which to keep (unfortunately my wife won't let me keep both). So, one of the two chassis will be going back (im probably keeping the rem700). But I thought that if someone else on here were interested in getting one, then I could save you the six month wait (apparently these magnesium chassis are backed up, both with mdt and xlr). So, if this is something you have been looking for, send me a PM and I'll keep you posted on which one I'll keep.

Both brand new

Chassis 1; savage long action, with arca rail and folding stock

Chassis 2; rem 700 long action, with arca rail and folding stock

Both of these are going for $1700 on MDTs website. I ordered mine before the price jump, so I'd sell it for the $1600 I paid.

FYI, this could take a few weeks before my rem700 one gets here.

Last edited:
FYI, for a comparison, I weighed my HNT26 savage LA with the folder option... right at about 29oz including the action screws. That includes folding stock, adjustable length of pull, adjustable cheek riser, arca rail, mloc, full length foreend, flat bottom buttstock for bag rider, sling stud, and thumb shelf.

I had a gen 4 XLR Magnesium Element LA weighed (not one I own) and it came in at 36 ounces similarly configured (carbon grip, ultralight stock with carbon cheek riser, folder, thumb shelf, bag rider). It would actually be more if you also add the sling stud up front if I'm not mistaken. Thus, the MDT option is truly the lightest option out there for a chassis system to my knowledge. I dont think even the xlr atom will shave off 7 ounces.

To put this into context even further, I weighed my christensen ridgeline stock and bottom metal (long action). 33.3 oz including action screws.