Mcwhorter Apex LR

Deerhunter89

Hello everyone. I think I am about go ahead and order a mcwhorter 45xml after wanting one for quite some time. I am trying to decide about which stock i want. I like the looks of the apex lr that mcmillan makes for mcwhorter but the comb looks low on it and im concerned about getting a comfortable cheek weld with it. Im about 9 hours away from mcwhorter with a busy schedule so handling it befofehand isnt really an option. Anybody own one of these stocks? If so how is the comb height with a 50mm obj scope? Thanks in advance for any insight!

General answers for this question are hard because we're all shaped and sized different. Stock fit doesn't just cover length of pull. The length of your neck, the shape of the shoulder pocket, width of your face, grip angle, etc. What might be comfortable for you could be uncomfortable me.

Comb height can be adjusted with a cheek pad, a piece of leather and an additional adjustable cheek piece or a couple of pieces of blanket and duct tape like the Marines did in Viet Nam(😉🤣).

Alan is hunting but call the shop to talk to Justin, see what he says.