Mcmillan Game warden 2.0, or??

7.62 Gunner

I'm looking for a lightweight vertical grip stock for a 300 NM build, I want a stock that handles like my previous Alterra Arms but they only do builds now..
I hate super blocky designs like the EH1, and I want a rounded forend.
Anyone using the Game warden 2.0?

Take a look at Mesa Precision Altitude.

I have three McMillan original Game Wardens and love them. They are pretty square. The Altitude feels a little more round. Had one and It was going on a RUM but traded it for another rifle.

@Rum Man has a new build with one. Maybe able to provide some info.

Take a look at Mesa Precision Altitude.

I have three McMillan original Game Wardens and love them. They are pretty square. The Altitude feels a little more round. Had one and It was going on a RUM but traded it for another rifle.

@Rum Man has a new build with one. Maybe able to provide some info.
I should mention that I've owned one of those and really dislike the drop of the butstock below the centerline of the action, it causes the barrel to flip up making it nearly impossible to spot your shots.

Glad to hear that. May need to shoot one before buying again.

For me that seems more like a function of the angle of the buttstock. Creates fulcrum type affect under recoil.

Understand not the same stock, but my adj cheek GW does seem to stay better, but I smash my face onto it. Forend a little more square than say the old HTG/M40. Not as wide/blocky as the Manners.

Last edited:
Game warden and game warden 2.0 is different in feel. It feels more like a game hunter with better grip. The comb angle is much better for me.
75B0E116-2375-4DBB-A43E-409FDE20171C.jpeg
5E676CCC-D530-4453-9724-98752807A3F2.jpeg

Look at AG composites, they have a few different styles. I have one on my 28nos and I like it much better than my game warden

Attachments

• received_409197347888601.jpeg
    received_409197347888601.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 152