Mayport Fla

big honkin jeep

Here are a couple of pics taken aboard the Lyons Tale in Florida.
It was really rough the day the gag was caught hence the PFD about to choke my head off. :D
HPIM1669.jpg

Here's a dolphin we brought back from the gulf stream.
SKIPSDOLPHIN.jpg

I look foreward to going back soon :D
BHJ

Last edited:
whaddyamean rough? hell theres not a whitecap in sight. why dont you just admitt you cant swim, and thats why you had the jacket on, its o.k. .
gags have to be 24" to be legal.
looks to me yours falls short by about a half inch. (just kidding)
live bait?
the bull was what, 18 lb.?
congratulate the mate on the good gaff shot.
post some pictures of the jeep. would it be better than a pretty yellow rubicon?

My nephew John put the gaff to the dodo and my buddy Capt. Howard takes us to the fish. If they are there he'll find em. As you probably know Salt water fishin is a team sport especially offshore trollin (60+miles out to the stream). The gag was caught on a bottom fishin with squid. A grunt eats the squid and I reel him up,look at him and say you're not big enough go get your big brother and drop him back down. About 3 minutes later his big brother started pullin. Good eye he was 19 on the nose according to the dock scales.(but they are what they are) Whitecaps heck 5' seas with ill timed swells were supposed to be 3s and subside. we were waiting for em to subside for the ride back in. I may come back wet but I'll be breathin. We all had an eperb in our pockets, Too rough to get out to the ledge.We were out about 24 mi(We're fishin a 26' edgewater) Since you asked here's a pic of the BHJ Not exactly a Rubicon more like an old factory BHJ
009_9.jpg

well a 26 edgewater is one fine boat. probably has a pair of 225 yamahas on it. untill very recently, i lived near marathon in the keys and chartered. im spending the summer here in pa. at our camp, tooling around in that rubicon.

Yep she's been there. Capt.Howard actually drove her to Mayport all the way around from Pensecola after Katrina with a winter over in Key west. In the past she's fished in the SKA and won an amateur tournament. She's currently up for sale as Capt. Howard has his eye on a 38' Tiara. too bad the market is so soft right now for sellin, but a great time to buy. BHJ
HPIM1676.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts