• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Mauser 98 (Oberndorf Type-B Sporter)

Viking264

Action is circa 1913 (according to SN). See-through scope mounts (steel); two-stage trigger (original, I believe). Original wood stock with Mauser crest on the butt plate. This rifle was purpose-built as a sporter by the Oberndorf Mauser factory; it was not built on a repurposed military action. Barrel is by Norma, chambered in 6.5x55mm with 7.878" twist and iron sights; heavy profile, just under 24" length, shiny bore. Overall, excellent condition of metal and stock. Bolt is bright and clean. I've had this out at the range over the years and have less than 70 rounds through it, all hand loads. Using 139-gr Scenar and 160-grain Hornady RN, the rifle has been consistently sub-MOA to 300-yds. Selling to help fund a couple of projects. PM me for photos. Will provide load data to buyer. $650 plus shipping to your FFL, add 3% for PP.

Last edited:
All PMs replied to, and photos sent out to interested members. Thanks for your continued interest.

Update. I've spoken with several members interested in the rifle, a few of whom had asked me about the Hogue full-bed stock and Timney trigger that I had purchased for use with this rifle. I'll include the Hogue stock and trigger for a total of $800, plus shipping to your FFL. Thanks again for all of your interest.

Final update, before I go ahead and list this on GB. Will sell the rifle plus the Timney trigger (NIB) for $650, and will split shipping costs to your FFL in the lower 48. Keep in mind that the barrel twist on this rifle will stabilize anything, including Sierra's new 150 HPBT, and has plenty of throat length for that projectile, as well.

Thanks for your interest.