• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

LRI 6 Comp Match $1200

Chase723

02DC9F4C-9D24-4194-A218-8388A44039ED.jpeg DBF81C8A-7A8F-4196-8A5E-8E43D991E90B.jpeg LRI built the 6 Comp Match barreled action. I'm the 2nd owner. Rem 700 SA. Fluted Bartlein 26" 1:7.5 twist. Muzzle is threaded 5/8 x 24 w/ seemless thread protector. Trigger tech primary flat shoe set at 1.5lbs. HS precision stock w/ 2 flush cups on the left hand side painted by myself. Recoil lug bedded by myself. Pic rail on forearm and XLR cheekpiece installed by me. Standard BDL bottom metal.

This is the rifle that got me into long range and it's a hammer. Hopefully, it'll get someone else into it as well at a reasonable price. With the 105gr Berger VLD it doesn't enter the transonic zone until ~1300 yards. It's awesome.

Started life as a 243 Win (built by LRI) and then at ~ 800 rounds I had the barrel set back an inch and rechambered to 6 Comp Match. I was shooting a mild load (44.5gr H1000 @ 2884 fps) and it still had a lot of life left when I had it rechambered by LRI. Prior to rechambering it was a legitimate 1/4 MOA rifle. I just got bit by the 6 Comp Match bug is the only reason I had it rechambered. Anyhow, I also had them make me another 6 comp barrel for a switch barrel rifle at the same time and I've only used this rifle to fireform 50 cases. During fire forming it still shot 1/3-1/2 MOA. I would presume it still has at least 2500-3000 good shots left in her. Chad at LRI sells the sizing die for it. Uses a standard 243 seating die. Matt at Long Way Brass sells already fireformed brass (wish I'd known that when I got into...would have been even easier). It's a wildcat that's not really a wildcat anymore. Does NOT come with the scope or bipod. Rifle only. Could make a deal for the scope if you wanted. It's a Steiner T5xi.

Only reason I'm selling it is because I just built a custom 7mm Sherman Short mag.

$1200 shipped, but honestly I need to sell this so let's make a deal. While I think $1200 is fair, make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

No trades at this time.
PM me with any questions

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the firmed round next to a .243. I not sure what the cartridge is. Is it basically a .243 improved?
Thanks

Cool thank you .243 is a favorite of mine but I don't own one was looking and buying one. And of course I need to improve everything. Lol
So I assume this will shoot factory ammo fine as u said fireform was accurate.
Do you happen to know the speed of factory ammo while forming? I'm sure some loss but curious how much.

You can, but I don't know how well that would work. You're not just changing the angle of the shoulder. You're also pushing it forward a little bit. The article above by Chad at LRI is excellent and outlines how I went about it. I did the false shoulder method. You can also buy already fireformed brass from Matt at Long Way Brass.

Or, shoot me a PM with your number and we can talk. This needs a good home and I'll make you a great deal.

The case on the left is completely fireformed. The case on the right is standard .243 Win. The case in the middle didn't quite blow the shoulder all the way out.
B2D55B3A-F8C9-4E27-934B-46C2EEB57C39.jpeg