LRH Magazine April 2018

CaptnC

Just wondering of any one has seen the cover in the side bar?

That guy with the Aoudad...would be me!

Just want to thank Len and crew for using my story and for having my picture on the cover!

The picture has a pretty crazy story to it.

I was hunting alone because the hunt was a Texas game department drawing hunt and I was the only one on the card, the area I had to hunt was roughly 4 square miles...because it was a State Natural Area none of the interior roads were maintained...the county roads down the middle of the property was the only road maintained. So I had to hike in and out...

My Ram was shot well off the road and I wanted to get some pictures of where he went down...so I had to get inventive!

2018-05-13 21.49.10.jpg

I had two cell phones...the area is very remote and they had told me before the hunt that ATT worked from the ridge tops...so I got one that I could renew the phone on a monthly basis.

Matter of fact...every one of the pictures in my story were "selfie's"...I set the timer and I would jump into position and wait for the timer! LOL

They came out pretty good! For those who missed the story...check it out...the pictures all came out pretty good.

ANY WAY! Just wanted to share how the cover photo was taken because I had no camera man!

No sir...I would have to add a hunter, plus pay the hunt fee.

I like hunting alone though, I know it' dangerous. But I push myself very hard and 99% of guys wouldn't be able to hang with me.

The first night, after I shot my sheep I know the vast majority would have panicked and I would have had my hands full trying to get us out!

It was the dark of the moon but it was easier to travel at night without a light on. It was a clear night so I used the star light and stars to navigate.

In my almost 50 years of hunting, all over the USA it was without a doubt my best hunt ever!

"Just want to thank Len and crew for using my story and for having my picture on the cover!"

You are most welcome!

It's such a great story, thanks so much for letting us publish it

CLICK HERE

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.